Monday, March 24, 2008

Push Gifts

Several months ago John was reading the Sunday paper and told me I had to read a article that he ran across, it was about "Push Gifts." It was just a name that I had never heard of for something that most of us like, gifts. But they are gifts for giving birth. These gifts are expected by some and not by others. One person said the greatest push gift is the significant other doing the house work while they recuperate. I told him that would be the best gift ever! Well this past weekend John, with the help of my dad, his dad and my brother David put a new vanity in the bathroom and all new trimmings, plus new bedroom furniture. He worked hard for 2 days and I love the results. So now I hate to ask him to sweep and vacuum and clean the bathrooms. What am I going to do? Give him a couple more days of rest and then get on him about it all.
Can you believe this is what they put in that huge space. What a waste. So if anyone wants a bathroom vanity it is your!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I'm so jealous!! It turned out great! We have a double vanity, but I've wanted to replace our counter tops (kitchen & bathroom) forever! Drawers deep enough for a blow dryer in the bathroom would be nice:) Your baby is so cute, can't wait to see her. And let me know if you need a break--your boys are more than welcome to come play so you can get some rest!