John and I actually met at the end of 2000. After he moved into my student ward in Logan. A few months later I moved in with my friends in the same building he was in and my apartment of girls and his apartment of guys did everything together that summer and at the end of the summer the pranks began. It wasn't until we were married that I told John how I painted their window. In March of 2002, over spring break, I was trying to set John up with a friend and she was going to set me up with a friend and for some reason I could not get a hold of her to make that happen and so John decided to ask me up to his apartment for dinner with him and some friends. I accepted and I guess that the rest is history.
John knew that he wanted to marry me long before I knew that I wanted to marry him. One day in June I told him that I was ready to get married and he officially proposed to me on July 3rd. And set the date for August and we were married in the Logan temple.
A funny story about all this is that a week and a half before we were married I had a family reunion to attend in North Dakota. So we did the trek with my sister. Right before we left I had an appointment to have some warts removed from my finger and well it did not go well. I ended up in an emergency room in Iowa. After that we continued and when we got to North Dakota I retold the whole story to my mom and she looked at at me and said "never mind." I laughed and said "yeah, no it won't heal before I get married next week." As a kid she would always tell us that it will heal before we get married. Not this time.
I guess that everyone has their drama for their wedding and day and it all that I will say about that now. I love you, John!


No comments:
Post a Comment