Friday, June 6, 2008

big boys

Well, I think that Tahlia is ready to go to her own room and the crib, but there has been a problem with that, Ransom is still sleeping in the crib and still wants a binky. I have been telling him for awhile that he will soon be sleeping in Ashton's room and his binkys will go away. So Wednesday night I was going upstairs to tuck the boys in bed and Ransom ran into Ashton's room at bedtime and started to climb the ladder and I told him to climb into bed, Ashton thought that Ransom would be safer on top, so that is where I tucked him in at. Sometimes I surprise myself, John came home in the middle of this and asked "does he need his binky" and I said "no way lets just make this a clean break." I usually put any sort of transition off until I have to or someone else makes me and it has always turned out great. After 30 minutes of both of them running around out of excitement I calmed Ashton down and he went right to sleep, like always. After another 30 minutes or so I convinced Ransom that he should at least stay in bed until he falls a sleep. That kid can stay awake for hours, but he did it. He did even better last night at bed time, I did not have to go in there one time, he just sat there until he fell asleep. Although nap times are a different story. He has always gone right to sleep but not anymore.
It has been funny to watch Ashton play with Ransom now, it almost seems different. It is almost like it was a right of passage for Ransom to sleep in a big boy bed.
I guess the only thing left is to decide what color and how to paint Tahlia's room. If you have any suggestions.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

You put Ransom on the TOP bunk? I think Mads would have to wear a helmet for sure.

How about dusty pink and brown?

Jamey said...

I thought that was crazy that you would put Ransom on top too...you are brave! That is great that your boys are playing together though!

I like pick and brown, I also like a dusty purple, but I know you are a pink person...so go for it!

Angie said...

What a big boy! I think both of my boys would fight over the top bunk! As for colors, I think lavendar and green or Cocoa would be so cute!