Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Hansome Ransom

I love to take the kids in to have pictures done professionally. I do not think of my self as a photographer at all. I think that I am actually pretty bad at it. So here are a few of the pictures that I had done of Ransom. He was pretty sad and crying because standing there by his self was torture, I guess.
I still find it hard to believe that he is two now and just as cute as ever. He just loves to play and have fun and laugh. I have been very concerned that he does not talk. A person can listen to only so much screaming before they start screaming themselves.
I have been talking with the pediatrician about this for a year and he has always suggested that we wait until he is two for intervention, after all he may decide to talk and catch up to where he should be. Well, last week we had an appointment with a speech language pathologist in the school district here and she played games with him to find out where he is developmentally and evaluate what he needs. She told me that anything less than the seventh percentile qualifies for services through the school. So after the playing she said that he was pretty much in the 50th percentile in everything except language. There he scored a whole less than one percentile. That means something like more than 100 percent of kids 25 months old are talking better than he is. Needless to say he qualifies for a speech language pathologist to come to the house and do therapy with him. I hope and pray that this will help him and give him the confidence he needs.
We know that he hears us and understands normal two year old stuff and are guessing that he is just fine, but afraid that he will not say the words right. She felt that out of all the speech problems possible that this was correctable over the next couple of months or years. Silly boy! He says No!, ma, no, dada, amen, happy, No no no no no and happy bir, and has been know to say Hevly Fater.


4 comments:

Angie said...

You know I just can't get enough of this little guy! Him and Ashton have a way of just putting a smile on my face. Little Ransom doesn't say much with words, but stories with his facial expressions! I hope things work out with the speech pathologist! My mom said it worked wonders for me!

princessyaya52 said...

Even with the red eyes he still looks just as handsome!
Love you...I need the smilesbywire link so I can download them. :o) Love ME

Amanda said...

Handsome is right! Good luck with the talking... let me know how it goes.

me said...

I love these pics! I love it when the photographer will take them no matter what the child looks like. Sometimes they worry too much about making the child happy but if theyd just snap the photo it would capture so much more!! He looks SOO cute in these...