Tuesday, February 17, 2009

last trip to the beach

We were all sad to see Saturday come. We pack all our things up and headed to the beach to enjoy it one last time. We had birds to chase and seals with babies to see. It was a beautiful morning to enjoy a walk on the beach. As I was walking around I over heard some guy express my sentiments on his cell to someone else. He said "I have just found the place I want to stay forever. I think I will stay here until I am 85 and then I will head to Palm Spring." Of course I thought why bother moving then.
We had a great time visiting and playing with family. We saw some great sights and loved every minute of it.




I have to tell one last story. On Sunday we finished our trip and returned home. On the way home the speed limit is posted 75 through Beaver and John was tired of following another Pilot and slowed down to get away from him. He went from 80 to 78.
Next thing I know there is a police going south that turned around in the grass a started heading north. We thought oh that is interesting and kept going. Next thing we know he is behind us with his lights on. So we pulled over and he walked up to the window and said "I pulled you over because I clocked you at 91 blah blah." We were shocked. I knew that John would never say anything so I did. When he came back and told us he was going to be generous and wrote the ticket up for only 9 over. That is when I started in. I told him that John hardly ever went over 80 but he is still human. I then told him at the time he was doing less then 80 and that I have been watching the speedometer the whole time. I told him about another pilot we were following. Then I told him if he needs to give us a ticket then he can give it to us for going 5 over since that is the only crime we committed. He told me that a ticket for five or nine is the same and it will not effect insurance. He told me a bunch of stories and I told him again to make it for five then since that was the only crime committed and he said "ah I am just giving you a warning this time, be careful and go the speed limit."
I am sorry to say this is why I have lost respect for law enforcement. We were just driving along trying to get home and stay safe. We were all buckled in and the kids were all asleep until we stopped, the driving was careful and we were not speeding excessively and yet it was us pulled over. Never mind the peps passing us going around 95mph. What the heck? Fortunately, we only got a warning in the end. So my question is how accurate is a radar gun on someone going the opposite direction and did he actually use a radar gun. Also, I wonder what so I teach my kids about law enforcment?
With all of that out we had a great time but now we are home safe and sound and it is great to be home.

1 comment:

Lisa Alger said...

I guess that's 2 of us that talked to the police on the drive home. Not the best drive home for either of us.