Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tuesday Tell All

I decided to do a Tuesday Tell All about Pioneers in lieu of Pioneer day this week.
I thought that I would share these photos that Laura was kind enough to scan for me. This was the pioneer day parade that we did at Beaver Valley Ward in July of 1982, we are guessing. I do not remember may after this but they were fun and the picture now is even better. Can you find me?

A pioneer is defined as "one who is the first to do something", or "one who opens up the way for others". As far as Pioneers go I think of my parents as Pioneers. They were the first to join the church when a friend/coworker asked them to listen to the missionaries and not long after they were baptized and a short time later they were sealed in the temple for eternity with three children by their sides. They completely accepted the doctrine and their faith was strengthened.
Who knew that because of two righteous decisions and faith so many more lives would be touched. All of us have been to the temple and many of us have served missions, and touched even more lives. Now their grand kids carry on their legacy. Thanks mom and dad, I don't know that I could have just excepted it.

4 comments:

princessyaya52 said...

that is awesome!! I really like the new look to!! You figured it out! I love you tons!!! Have a great weekend! :o)

Later!

Angie said...

You have such an amazing family! You are pretty amazing yourself! I sincerely thank you for being a great example to me. What would I do without you!

Amanda said...

Cute new blog! Since it doesn't look like the same people in each picture, I decided you were only in the bottom one. And you are the cute little think on the cart in the blue dress. Am I right?

Amanda said...

Alright, I am only in the bottom picture. I am the one in a green dress with my head turned. I am standing some what with my two sisters and two brothers.