Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Our Flood Fun!

Last Monday evening I was out all day and when I got home I started washing the sheets. I know terribly exciting, just wait it gets better. The second load was in the washer when we were eating dinner. When I finished I got up to start cleaning up and I noticed water all over the kitchen floor. I realized that the washing machine was overflowing with very cold water. So John and I spent the next two hours cleaning up the water, and there was a lot. I was not happy about having to clean up and the freezing water but I was secretly happy about getting everything cleaned up from under the washer, drier and refrigerator. I had wanted to do that for a long time. Besides I had been missing some things and the only place that they could have gone was under the refrigerator and when we pulled it out there they were, my gift certificate for a free massage and a battery for the cell phone. I guess I should not hesitate any more in cleaning out under big appliances.
This was the second bucket full (full meaning I could barely lift it) of water. Of course we did spend the the next couple of days trying to get it fixed and fortunately it was an easy fix, I just wish I had know how to fix it before I paid the repair man. That was fun!

No comments: