Saturday, June 26, 2010

Tooth Fare!

I am very happy that there is not some sort of tooth fairy exam to become a parent. I would have failed that section for sure and continue to fail in that area. On Sunday Ashton lost his 4th tooth during dinner, eating corn on the cob. While that this is awesome and normal I was not feeling so normal. I was being induced the next morning and was very anxious about that. So we did our normal bed time routine with the kids and then took them over to Aunt Laura's for the night and next couple of days while I was in the hospital. Needless to day the tooth was forgotten about. So the other day when he had been home for a couple of nights I asked him if the tooth fairy had visited him and he said "No" but had gotten out his note to put it under his pillow to tell the tooth fairy that his tooth is actually in the cup beside his bed and not under his pillow.

Yes, at our house he has had to write the tooth fairy to remind the tooth fairy of where his tooth is. He had to write the note because the tooth fairy forgot to take the tooth and leave a dollar, and needed an excuse. Not just that time but three times now. So He keeps the note in his desk and when the tooth fairy forgets he gets it out and puts it under his pillow for the next night.

We love to see the note now and we are very proud of his creativity and patience with the tooth fairy. How may more teeth will he loose?

No comments: