Surprisingly only one ordainment broke. And all the kids slept through it.
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Christmas Spirit?
So, Wednesday evening we finally got around to decorating the tree. I really do not like to decorate for Christmas, I know go ahead and think Scrooge. I have my reasons, it is a lot of work to get everything out and find a home for it and put other stuff away just to do the reverse in a couple of weeks. So I have been lax about decorating the tree that had been here almost a week. Well Ashton bugged me enough and we got it done and sent the kids to bed for the night and then we went to bed very very tired. I have not been sleeping well. Well at 4:15am I woke up thinking that I had heard a crash and woke John up to see if he heard the crash and he of course said "No." I said then I told him "I think that the Christmas tree fell over!" Then I sent him to check, sure enough there it was on its side! So there we were at 4:30am redecorating the tree. I think that was just what I needed to get me in the Christmas Spirit. Decorating the tree the second time was not as painful as I thought. It was actually nice and relaxing.

Surprisingly only one ordainment broke. And all the kids slept through it.
Surprisingly only one ordainment broke. And all the kids slept through it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
I hear artificial trees are more sturdy.;)
How ironic. My tree fell over as I was putting on the last ornaments. I must say that I was a little more grumpy about redecorating it, though. No broken ornaments surprisingly.
I'm impressed. 4:30 and relaxing all in the same story.
This same thing happened to me last year. Not so early in the moning though but a hour after we got it all finished. Jason turned the tree just a smidge and plop. I didn't mind the ornaments it was the pine needles. For months after everytime I turned on the vacuum it smelled like Christmas, okay kind of nice.
Merry Christmas Amanda.
Ours fell over right in front of me on our first Christmas married. Not fun, We lost a half a dozen antique ornamants.
Dan
Post a Comment