Just this morning John and I both were out shoveling the snow for over an hour. There was a good foot out there that actually fell early Sunday morning. The wind was blowing hard Sunday morning and we had snow drifts which made everything look worse. We did not want to shovel yesterday because we knew it would just snow more so we left it, we actually skipped stake conference for fear that the roads would be bad too. Actually none of our neighbors went to church. (So if anyone went to stake conference please let us know what happened. Did Elder Ballard still come?)
I keep counting my blessings that it has been snowing though because one I get some great exercise and two the snow keeps the air clean here in the valley. The inversion can be awful and disgusting.
Here you see our four to five feet of snow we have been piling up! I can't throw the snow over the top of the pile anymore and it just falls back down where I got it from. I know that it does not help that our house faces the north but holy cow. None of our other neighbors have this much snow.
Need I mention that it started to snow the minute that I finished shoveling snow and has been snowing on and off all day and is suppose to continue to snow for several more days!
Usually I would be ready for a vacationd by now but I don't think that I am suppose to go too far these days. Besides they say that it is suppose to be in the 40s this weekend! yeah!!!



3 comments:
Sadly, Elder Ballard didn't come to Stake Conference yesterday. They said that he was in meetings taking care of the new callings. So he felt bad that he couldn't come, but they just had Elder Curtis (I think was his name) from the Seventy. But yeah, the snow was bad, but the talks were decent.
I am still waiting to see a scrapbook page on your blog!!! Where is it?
Okay, so I just drove past your house and your snow piles are as tall as YOU!!!! You no longer have a front yard! Wow, the snow is really starting to overpower us!
I hope all is going well!
Post a Comment